The SBE conference focuses on technologies, systems, processes and policies focused on achieving wide-scale energy renovation targets for buildings and their related infrastructure.
The Scientific Committee welcomes original contributions that introduce, share, broaden and improve scientific and practical knowledge in the following 16 themes.
Renovation concepts for housing
Renovation concepts for non-residential buildings
Low temperature heating solutions for buildings
District energy systems
Energy harvesting and storage on the building scale
Smart, energy-flexible buildings, smart monitoring, management & control
Energy performance of buildings
Behaviour of building owners and users
Value chain innovation
Policies and regulations
The energy transition in progress
Sustainability assessment of mitigation measures
Assessment of existing buildings
Energy transition & climate change – consequences for cooling-related energy demand and solar cooling
Digitalization for innovation
(please note that upstream energy generation, energy production systems and smart grids are out of scope for this conference).
Guidelines for Full Paper Submissions
The SBE Scientific Committee will invite those with accepted abstracts to submit a full paper from February 16-April 30, 2022.
Papers will undergo a double-blind peer review. Accepted papers that are presented at the SBE22 Delft conference will be indexed and published as part of the IOP Conference Proceedings series. The proceedings will be published in an open-access volume of IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science.
Three papers will be selected to be put forward for inclusion in the World SBE Conference proceedings. Authors will be invited to present at WSBE in Montreal in 2023.
Please read the following paper guidelines carefully.
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors must prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF.
Preparing your paper:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via Crossref if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- Maximum length of 8 pages including references.
- It is highly recommended that authors attach their institutional email addresses.
- It is recommended that authors include their ORCID ID numbers in the papers.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP does not copy edit or reformat papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Post-publication changes are not permitted, so please ensure that your paper has been checked for errors.
By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the IOP Proceedings Licence. Do not submit your papers directly to IOP Publishing; please submit your full paper through the account provided during abstract submission at the Eventure platform.